Reading Response

I've really enjoyed this book because of an odd aspect: I feel as if I should be anticipating something with the father. Just take a look at the big picture; the dad is very religious yet he beats his family. Doesn't that seem odd? Also, I think that the Kambili has been hurt more and more throughout the book. I don't know why but I just think that something important is coming soon.

Another "clue" is that their aunt has just recently found out about this but, for some reason, she hasn't talked to her brother about it, even though she is known to voice her concerns and is not intimidated by her brother. Yes, she did ask to have the kids stay with her again, but we don't know if she ever brought up the beatings. The final clue is that on the back of the book, it is stated that towards the end of the book the mom will have to "commit a desperate act", so that just leaves my mind to wonder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Research Update

LOTF Response

Interesting Things in LOTF